“SEARCHING FOR MARY MAGDALENE … WHO WAS SHE, REALLY?!”
WHERE: Center for Spiritual Living-Tacoma
WHEN: Saturdays, August 5, 12 & 19, 2017
TIME: 9AM – Noon
FEE: $99 until July31 (includes beautiful workbook)
One of the most compelling human stories ever lived. Mary of Magdala: a first century Jewish woman, whose association with Jesus of Nazareth has been mis-characterized; whose mystical gifts have been un-recognized; whose vital role in the formation of Christianity has been minimized; and, whose spiritual message has endured through the centuries.
In this series, Vicky Semones will explore:
- Mary Magdalene’s Her-story;
- what we’ve been told about Magdalene for 2,000 years;
- what has been hidden in plain sight;
- what the Western and Eastern religious traditions believe about Her;
- what the Roman Catholic church has said about Her;
- what has been re-discovered about Her;
- what Her message is for us today…
Our inquiry will be punctuated with photos, songs, and stories from a recent Magdalene pilgrimage to France, which included:
- La Saint Baume Grotto (where Magdalene prayed),
- Saint Maximin la-Saint-Baume Basilica (with a 1st century relic),
- Michel du Var (with Byzantine-style Frescos depicting Her spiritual ‘lineage’)
- Saintes Maries de la Mer (where Magdalene’s boat landed)
Rev. Frances Lorenz will conduct a special gnostic communion at the end of the series to honor the message of Magdalene.
Vicky Semones has Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies. She has immersed herself in the Mary Magdalene story for years (having been an acolyte at the Mary Magdalene Chapel in Oakland, CA, and recently completed a Magdalene spiritual pilgrimage to France with her partner, Cindie Leitman, who assists her in this class).
For more info: CSL-Tacoma, 206 North “J’ Street, Tacoma, WA 98403, 253-383-3151