Emma Curtis Hopkins | 8 Weeks
SCHEDULE: Tuesday Evening for 8 weeks, 3 hours per week
DATE and TIME: March 28 – May 16, 2017; 6:30 to 9:30 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Rev. Sonia Vargas
REQUIRED TEXT: Scientific Christian Mental Practice by Emma Curtis Hopkins
Delve into the mysticism of the “teacher of teachers” of the New Thought movement, Emma Curtis Hopkins. This class counts as Roots of New Thought.
Explore the 12 touchstones of Hopkins that were the mystical impetus in the Science of Mind movement. Taste the absolutism of this petite, powerhouse of a woman who looked the world in the eye and with a healing consciousness declared only GOOD and GOD. The class is based upon Hopkins’ 12 lessons, one created for each month of the year. It is divided into two, seven-week series.
In each weekly session, you will —
- Encounter various prayers and meditations that reveal GOD in every moment.
- Study the writings of a mystic who deeply influenced Ernest Holmes.
- Uncover inner gems in daily journaling.
- Discover glimmers in the weekly readings.
- Explore the modalities of Hopkin’s practice: denials and affirmations, praying without ceasing, etc.
- Dive deeply into the “practical application of metaphysics”.