Upcoming Classes – Core Curriculum at CSL
“As we study our own being, we begin to deduce the nature of God.” –Ernest Holmes
Our classes at CSL give you what you need to expand your knowledge of spiritual principles and to gain practical spiritual tools for everyday use. In addition to learning about our philosophy and how to apply it, being in a class is one of the best ways to enter more deeply into our spiritual community. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet and get to know people from many different backgrounds.
Core Classes—all completed classes, contribute to the prerequisites for entry to the Advanced Consciousness Studies Program and Professional Prayer Practitioner Studies.
You Are the One: Prayer Treatment | 5 Weeks
SCHEDULE: Sunday Afternoons for 5 weeks beginning Sep 3, 2017
DATE and TIME September 3-October 1, 2017; 1:00-3:30 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Rev. Dr. Frances Lorenz
Fee: $99; Book $15
Prerequisite: Foundations (or concurrent registration)
Foundations | 10 Weeks
SCHEDULE: Tuesday Evenings for 10 weeks beginning Sep 12, 2017
DATE and TIME September 12-November 14, 2017; 6:30 to 9:00 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Rev. Dr. Frances Lorenz
The Basics: This class is a prerequisite for all advanced classes
“SEARCHING FOR MARY MAGDALENE … WHO WAS SHE, REALLY?!”
WHERE: Center for Spiritual Living-Tacoma
WHEN: Saturdays, August 5, 12 & 19, 2017
TIME: 9AM – Noon
FEE: $99 until July31 (includes beautiful workbook)
One of the most compelling human stories ever lived. Mary of Magdala: a first century Jewish woman, whose association with Jesus of Nazareth has been mis-characterized; whose mystical gifts have been un-recognized; whose vital role in the formation of Christianity has been minimized; and, whose spiritual message has endured through the centuries.
In this series, Vicky Semones will explore:
- Mary Magdalene’s Her-story;
- what we’ve been told about Magdalene for 2,000 years;
- what has been hidden in plain sight;
- what the Western and Eastern religious traditions believe about Her;
- what the Roman Catholic church has said about Her;
- what has been re-discovered about Her;
- what Her message is for us today…
Our inquiry will be punctuated with photos, songs, and stories from a recent Magdalene pilgrimage to France, which included:
- La Saint Baume Grotto (where Magdalene prayed),
- Saint Maximin la-Saint-Baume Basilica (with a 1st century relic),
- Michel du Var (with Byzantine-style Frescos depicting Her spiritual ‘lineage’)
- Saintes Maries de la Mer (where Magdalene’s boat landed)
Rev. Frances Lorenz will conduct a special gnostic communion at the end of the series to honor the message of Magdalene.
Vicky Semones has Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies. She has immersed herself in the Mary Magdalene story for years (having been an acolyte at the Mary Magdalene Chapel in Oakland, CA, and recently completed a Magdalene spiritual pilgrimage to France with her partner, Cindie Leitman, who assists her in this class).
For more info: CSL-Tacoma, 206 North “J’ Street, Tacoma, WA 98403, 253-383-3151
Step into your great awakening in this journey of conscious unification with the presence of God. Discover the mystics of the ages.
SCHEDULE: Wednesdays, September 13 through October 13, 2017 | 5 Weeks
TIME: 6:30 to 9:00 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Susan Blake, RSc.P.
REQUIRED TEXT: Entering the Castle by Carolyn Myss
Building a Healing Consciousness | 10 Weeks
SCHEDULE: Wednesday Evenings for 8 weeks
DATE and TIME: Oct 18 – Dec 20, 2017 (skipping 11/22); 6:30 to 9:00 PM
INSTUCTOR: Susan Blake, RScP
REQUIRED TEXT: The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes
Joy of Meditation by Jack and Cornelia Addington
Healing Words by Larry Dossey
In Building a Healing Consciousness, you will deepen your understanding of effective spiritual mind treatment and develop a greater understanding of the nature of the creative process in the individual. The student will begin building a healing consciousness through their affirmative prayer work. This course covers pages 111-128 and 163-186 in The Science of Mind.
What will you learn?
- You will learn about your connectedness to an infinite power for good which you can use.
- You will learn how to apply Universal Principles in your daily life and get results.
- You will learn the art of positive prayer called Spiritual Mind Treatment.
- You will learn the value of meditation and daily spiritual disciplines and commitment.
- You will learn that you have found new friends and relationships in your classmates who think as you do.
- You will learn you really can create a new life by changing your thinking and beliefs.